Garda is seeking an Employee Development Manager operating out of Toronto Pearson International Airport. Candidates who possess 2-5 yrs of previous staff scheduling experience within a training department, time management, data management and a proactive demeanor is strongly encouraged to apply. This position is not directly responsible for providing training or facilitating as such Non-HR candidates are encouraged to apply
Assist in planning, implementing and evaluating employee development and training. To effectively manage employee scheduling required to meet a complex set of standard operating procedures while maintaining/exceeding operational performance and customer service targets (KPI’s).
- Maintains the work structure by scheduling and assigning training to screening officers
- Identifies, reports, and track progress of screening officer’s progress through the recurrent learning and certification program
- Prepare and distribute testing schedule which is sent to the client on a weekly basis
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and approval of all non-billable training hours and reports these to the General Manager of Operations
- Collaborates cross functionally with the HR and Resource Departments to ensure accurate and efficient training is being delivered where necessary
- Prepare reports on a variety of training related issues
- Maintains historical training records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records
- Completes training operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains staff by collaborating with the recruiting and retention specialist, selecting orienting, and training employees
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ability to handle demanding work schedules and multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated and result oriented.
- Requires an ability to apply concepts and theories to improve functions or units.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues and clients where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Utilizes decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying degrees of complexities and exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Computer skills are necessary in order to produce and interpret reports, documents and presentations.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with program participants and colleagues including senior management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and applications
- Must be able to work on multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment.
We thank all candidates for their consideration however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Garda World Security Corporation provides security services primarily in Canada and the United States. Its activities are carried out...