Garda is seeking an Employee Development Manager operating out of Toronto Pearson International Airport. Candidates who possess 2-5 yrs of previous staff scheduling experience within a training department, time management, data management and a proactive demeanor is strongly encouraged to apply. This position is not directly responsible for providing training or facilitating as such Non-HR candidates are encouraged to apply
Assist in planning, implementing and evaluating employee development and training. To effectively manage employee scheduling required to meet a complex set of standard operating procedures while maintaining/exceeding operational performance and customer service targets (KPI’s).
- Maintains the work structure by scheduling and assigning training to screening officers
- Identifies, reports, and track progress of screening officer’s progress through the recurrent learning and certification program
- Prepare and distribute testing schedule which is sent to the client on a weekly basis
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and approval of all non-billable training hours and reports these to the General Manager of Operations
- Collaborates cross functionally with the HR and Resource Departments to ensure accurate and efficient training is being delivered where necessary
- Prepare reports on a variety of training related issues
- Maintains historical training records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records
- Completes training operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains staff by collaborating with the recruiting and retention specialist, selecting orienting, and training employees
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ability to handle demanding work schedules and multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated and result oriented.
- Requires an ability to apply concepts and theories to improve functions or units.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues and clients where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Utilizes decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying degrees of complexities and exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Computer skills are necessary in order to produce and interpret reports, documents and presentations.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with program participants and colleagues including senior management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and applications
- Must be able to work on multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment.
We thank all candidates for their consideration however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Garda World Security Corporation provides security services primarily in Canada and the United States. Its activities are carried out...