Oxford University Press Canada has an opening for a highly organized and dynamic individual to assume the position of Sales Representative in the Higher Education Division. The position will be based in Edmonton.
The successful candidate will be responsible for strategically focusing time and effort on key sales opportunities to grow the assigned territory. Sales representatives should feel comfortable with cold-calling and prospecting, and thrive in independent, fast-moving work environments. They should be able to prioritize effectively in order to meet and surpass set sales targets.
Specific duties include:
- Growing existing customer base by researching new opportunities and following up on leads generated by head office
- Daily visits to university and college campuses, meeting with professors to discuss their specific course needs and match those to OUP products
- Effectively manage daily and weekly paperwork and administrative tasks, including book sampling weekly sales reports
- Successfully planning daily, weekly, and monthly travel itineraries, matching potential business opportunities to campus visits
- Developing strong relationships with faculty members, department staff, and bookstore personnel
- Sourcing possible author candidates, and sending market information to the acquisitions group
The successful candidate will possess a valid driver's license and a university degree. Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills are essential. Overnight travel is required. Previous sales and/or publishing experience will be considered an asset.
At OUP, we're committed to hiring, rewarding, and retaining the best people. Being a member of our team entitles you to a generous compensation plan, comprehensive benefits program, and company car.
Applicants should forward their resumé and cover letter by Friday, March 8, 2013 to the attention of the Human Resources Coordinator. Contact information can be found by visiting our company website at www.oupcanada.com.
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research,...