To represent Natural Balance Pet Foods within a retail environment or event venue. Responsible for generating new Natural Balance customers and retaining current Natural Balance Pet Food users. Build positive relationships with store personnel to increase overall sales of Natural Balance products. Be observant and apprise supervisor of anything noteworthy encountered during time in the field.
- Determining customer interest through personal interaction and assessing their pets’ needs to generate sales by educating on the features and benefits of product line; recommending formulas based upon customer input.
- Maximizing in-store presence by building positive relationships with all store personnel by respecting the store’s policies, being courteous and well-mannered as well as through educating on features and benefits of Natural Balance.
- Satisfactorily completing training program and attending periodic supplementary trainings.
- Maintaining a neat and professional appearance and properly wearing the assigned uniform.
- Accountability for all materials provided, inventory of supplies and ordering of replenishment as needed.
- Completing tracking and reporting of shift, including acquiring on site manager’s signature on report form.
- As needed, representing Natural Balance at local events such as consumer expos, pet fairs and corporate event venues.
- Merchandise and maintain placement of point of purchase materials.
- Develop relationships with store management and personnel to obtain and maintain optimal product placement and shelf position.
Details of Position:
- Full-time, may include weekends
- Hourly employee
- Pet owner; enthusiast
- Highly responsible with experience working with minimal supervision
- Previous sales experience, preferably in the pet product industry
- Ethical and willing to adhere to all program policies
- Reliable transportation and ability to transport supplies in vehicle
- Ability to stand for up to 5 hours and to lift up to 30 pounds
- Computer proficient with email and internet access
- Reports to Regional Manager of Independent Sales.