Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children and the other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise.
Me to We is seeking an Manager of Sales to join our growing Youth Engagement team. This individual will manage the daily operations and sales strategy for youth experiences offered by Me to We. This will include overseeing engagement for youth trips, university trips and Take Action Camp. The manager should be an accomplished salesperson with proven success leading teams, strong communication and analytical skills, as well as a natural ability to mentor and inspire others. By enhancing the team’s production, the Manager of Youth Engagement creates a winning culture which helps retain our best engagement team members
The position is based out of Me to We Offices in Toronto (225 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Please quote “Sales Manager of Youth Engagement” in the subject line
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Review team metrics and ensure that all managers are aggressively pursuing opportunities for growing revenue. Similarly, ensure that new business development activities undertaken by the engagement team are given support.
- Lead manager check-ins at the beginning of each week to review previous week performance, create team strategy, set goals and action items for the week.
- Recognize Salesforce as a critical department tool, taking initiative to understand deeply and maintain team discipline with its use.
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain an up-to-date account of your department’s client pipeline, sales activities, and performance, reporting weekly to the Chief Operations Director.
- Ensure the team remains focused on activities which are closest to the dollar, protecting the team’s time.
- Lead the culture for the department, organizing weekly department meetings, team retreats, and vision activities.
- Act as an escalation point for client or staff issue resolution.
- Check-in with the Director of Engagement for the purpose of reporting, strategy and cross sell. Provide insight on staff performance regularly.
- Formulate and oversee the department’s sales strategy, monitoring results and having an ability to quickly develop creative new strategies in an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Plan and execute We Day strategy to capture new leads for the department and ensure timely follow-up.
- Represent the Youth Engagement department among the Directors team, attending meetings, creating presentations, and helping to develop an organizational engagement strategy with input from senior executive peers.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure all stakeholders are honoured, and maintain quality control with internal and external leads.
- Find and select events/conferences to attend for lead generation and organize staffing.
- Identify needs of the sales team for new marketing materials, liaising with Marketing Associate Director, assisting with quality control of projects and providing vision/feedback for project design.
- Liaise with Marketing Associate Director on all sales related website changes and needs.
Training and Development:
- Provide structured and one-on-one coaching, and mentoring to managers and coordinators to ensure they meet or exceed sales quotas.
- Create and provide multiple trainings to the Engagement team and other departments on selling techniques, engagement strategies, and lead generation.
- Maintain a deep understanding of department’s client profiles and effective selling techniques for Me to We’s product offerings.
- Oversee staff performance evaluations, and new staff on-boarding plans for the department.
- Increase Youth Engagement Department revenue in 2013 – 2014 by at least 30% from previous year
- Lead and maintain a winning sales culture, where team members feel continued personal development and job satisfaction
- Personal satisfaction in activities and responsibilities available in the job; enjoying the essence of sales work, embracing and cultivating the Me to We culture
What is required to be successful in this role:
- The ability to set clear expectations and hold individuals accountable
- Utilizing Salesforce to maintain a disciplined focus on team pipeline and sales performance
- The ability to identify opportunities to improve our sales strategies and tactics at every stage of the engagement process
- Meet and mentor staff on a daily / weekly basis, focusing on team production
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Bachelor‘s degree or commensurate experience
- Highly self-motivated, independent and strategic thinker
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated flexibility and initiative, particularly when faced with challenges
- Proven ability to succeed with minimal direction
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Positive and professional attitude and ability to work as a team player
- Experience engaging others through presentations, public speaking and/or facilitation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, and database
- Willing to travel to conferences across North America to represent Me to We
Indeed - 2 years ago