The Sales Manager will provide day-to-day direction and leadership to Microserve's sales team. This will include supporting our team in delivering the best possible service and support to existing clients, while growing our business within new and existing accounts. With end-to-end responsibility for the sales process, the sales manager will work closely with each member of our sales team to set and realize reasonable targets, and to maximize our footprint within each account. This will include participation in hands on sales activities, such as working directly with key strategic clients, as well as providing mentorship in the field to members of the sales team.
The successful candidate is a self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit whose career has spanned positions in sales management as well as direct sales. He or she has a strong, first hand understanding of the IT industry, and a proven track record successfully selling up to the C level within enterprise organizations. As one of the key representatives of our organization the new Sales Manager will be a consummate professional who is able to relate to and communicate well with people at all levels within Microserve, as well as client and vendor organizations.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics that ensure attainment of company sales and profitability goals
- Lead and model by example for sales team members in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits
- Take responsibility for hiring, mentoring, and managing performance of the sales team
- Establish and ensure that all sales team members meet or exceed financial targets as well as activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes
- Work with members of the sales team to identify and develop opportunities for business growth through new client acquisition as well as expanding relationships with existing clients
- Conduct one-on-one reviews with all sales team members to build more effective communications, understand training and development needs, and provide insight for the improvement of sales performance
- Maintain active relationships with Microserve clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- Work closely with marketing team to develop and implement marketing plans
- Participate in and/or lead the preparation and completion of proposals, RFP responses and client presentations
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Minimum of 5-7 years of proven success in sales management within the IT/Technology industry
- Proven ability to succeed in IT direct sales up to the C level and within enterprise accounts
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent training in business or sales management
- Personable and articulate, able to communicate effectively with vendors, clients and colleagues within Microserve
- Entrepreneurial, high energy individual with the ability to put ideas into action
- Skill and experience in supplier relationship management
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Proven leadership and ability to drive, motivate and inspire sales teams
- A proven track record of leading the effective development and delivery of written proposals as well as presentations
- In depth experience with and proven success selling within public sector procurement and RFP processes
- Experience developing quotas, targets and compensation plans
- Willingness to travel
With over 25 years of experience, Microserve is a clear market leader in the delivery of a wide range of IT solutions and services to organizations in BC and Alberta. We are proud of our strong market position as the largest independent IT solution provider based in BC, and to have been named best performing Western based solution provider by CDN.
Microserve is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to our clients. Microserve offers competitive compensation, benefits, vacation, and ongoing support for professional development. We provide talented professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers, combined with a relaxed and friendly working environment.
Indeed - 17 months ago
With over 25 years of experience, Microserve is a clear market leader in the delivery of a wide range of IT solutions and services to...