In keeping with Strategic Site Selection’s Mission to provide The Best Site Selection Experience, the sales coordinator will support the sales team with the sourcing and contracting of hotels in a timely manner for our clients’ meetings and events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Prepare Request For Proposals (RFP) and send them to hotels selected by the Sales Agent;
- Handle and send out RFPs from external Strategic Site Selection Sales Agents;
- Accurately summarize proposals from the hotels;
- Help negotiate guestroom rates, meeting space and liabilities with the hotels;
- Assist in the development of sales lists to keep the Sales “funnel” full;
- Manage the accounts receivable process, including, creating invoices and pick-up reports to ensure hotels are accurate and efficient with commission payments
- Organize and create Site Itinerary’s (travel & accommodation) for clients and President;
- Follow up on commissions owing from hotels and miscellaneous accounting tasks;
- Track Sales Agents’ progress, including but not limited to potential clients, sales calls, actual programs working on, contracts, room nights booked, total guestrooms picked-up, commissions collected, and other Sales Agents’ numbers;
- Answer and respond to telephone calls, emails, faxes, inquiries, and other requests, often corresponding on behalf of President;
- Research destinations and hotels as needed;
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Maintain office systems, including data management, phone system, filing, etc;
- Maintain company website;
- Assist with expense reports and help to keep expenses in line;
- Assist with mailing lists and holiday cards each year;
- Assist with the training of new Sales Agents as they join the team;
- The position will be ever developing as the organization grows.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration or Hospitality;
- 1-2 years experience in the hotel industry preferred;
- Experienced in accounting processes, including Accounts Receivable
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Ability to speak, read and write in French is an asset;
- Self-motivated with ability to work well both in a team and independently;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to recognize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment;
- Interpersonal skills – ability to deal professionally with individuals both internally and externally while resolving issues and meeting objectives and timelines;
- It is our job to be fun and easy to deal with for our clients while maintaining a professional approach. That is the difference between ordinary and extraordinary.
Opportunity to work in a fun and prosperous work environment; allowing you to be involved in the decision making process, and contributing directly to the continuous growth of the company, helping to make Strategic Site Selection a world class organization.
Indeed - 2 years ago
At Strategic Site Selection, our aim is to make the site selection process the easiest part of your corporate or social meeting. Our goal is...