Safety Officer / Specialist
Based in Yellowknife, NT. (Giant Mine Site) the successful candidate must have at least 5 years experience preferably in heavy construction or surface/underground mining along with previous Safety Supervision experience.
- Professional certification or training in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial Hygiene and supported certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP). A NCSO would also be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience in a safety-related discipline; Mining operations experience is an asset
- Proven track record in participation of safety management processes e.g. safety committees and working groups
- Auditing and inspection experience
- Excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated computer competency with Microsoft Office software(MS-Word, Excel, E-Mail)
- Previous experience working and living in a remote camp environment is an asset
- Candidates must also have extensive experience in employee training and development.
- Excellent communication and written skills knowledge are essential.
This role is based out of Yellowknife, NT. This project is estimated to be 8 months in duration (with possibility of extension).
40+ hours/week (Monday-Friday).
Local candidates are preferred.
Prior to employment, candidates may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal record check that may include fingerprinting.
Resumes can be faxed or e-mailed to: 780-434-7758 or to the provided email address
No phone calls please.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Nuna Logistics Limited, Inuit owned, is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic...