Safety Officer / Specialist
Based in Yellowknife, NT. (Giant Mine Site) the successful candidate must have at least 5 years experience preferably in heavy construction or surface/underground mining along with previous Safety Supervision experience.
- Professional certification or training in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial Hygiene and supported certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP). A NCSO would also be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience in a safety-related discipline; Mining operations experience is an asset
- Proven track record in participation of safety management processes e.g. safety committees and working groups
- Auditing and inspection experience
- Excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated computer competency with Microsoft Office software(MS-Word, Excel, E-Mail)
- Previous experience working and living in a remote camp environment is an asset
- Candidates must also have extensive experience in employee training and development.
- Excellent communication and written skills knowledge are essential.
This role is based out of Yellowknife, NT. This project is estimated to be 8 months in duration (with possibility of extension).
40+ hours/week (Monday-Friday).
Local candidates are preferred.
Prior to employment, candidates may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal record check that may include fingerprinting.
Resumes can be faxed or e-mailed to: 780-434-7758 or to the provided email address
No phone calls please.
Nuna’s vision is to be the premier northern provider of value adding mining and construction services while fostering sustainable Inuit,...