Driven by a business philosophy based on the skills of its human resources, the quality of its products, the excellence of its work, its respect of deadlines, and the reliability of its service, Dawcolectric offers a complete range of contracting services in the fields of electricity, mechanics, instrumentation and industrial production systems integration.
Local office located in Fredericton, New Brunswick serving project sites in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
- Coordinates fulfillment of HSE requirements at construction site, following health, safety, and environmental (HSE) plan in compliance with Company standards, customer requirements and Government regulations;
- Develops and implements site-specific safe work procedures based on laws, and regulations.
- Supports Site Manager for HSE management and safety instructions implementation and worker training;
- Provides assistance in the implementation and update of the health, safety, and environmental plan;
- Provides assistance in identification of risks and definition of control measures (through safe work procedure, Job Safety Analysis);
- Carries out and records regular safety checks and safety inspections, and tool box talks;
- Coordinates safety committee when required;
- Records and investigates accidents and incidents; performs Root Cause Analysis on HSE issues;
- Coordinates health, safety, and environmental aspects of site activities;
- Coordinates First Aid rescue, First Aid responders and Fire Protection programs;
- Proposes immediate correction of a HSE deficiency; checks if HSE corrections from deficiency are effective;
- Provide proactive solutions to meet HSE requirements and implement best practices in site activities planning process
- Support execution of internal audits in construction sites and facilities and coordinate external audits;
- Coordinates with Workers Compensation in each province
- Must be willing to travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 7-10 years of experience in HSE management on a construction sites or heavy industries;
- Candidates with 5 to 7 years of experience with proven capabilities to fulfill the role will be considered
- Knowledge of Canadian Construction Safety legislation;
- Experience working on construction sites (Hydro power plant – an asset);
- Must be fluent in English; (Fluency in French is considered an asset);
- Strong communication skills (spoken & written) at all levels of the organization;
- Auditor and Trainer skills;
- Proven leadership ability within a team context;
- Excellent problem solving skills (Root Cause Analysis expertise), sound judgment, initiative & creativity;
Indeed - 2 years ago
Driven by a business philosophy based on the skills of its human resources, the quality of its products, the excellence of its work, its...