Safety Coordinator (Alberta)
Competition Number: LM0037
Closing Date: May 30, 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealer and Distributers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment including but not limited to internal combustion forklifts, electric forklifts, electric narrow aisle equipment, manlifts, scissor lifts, telescopic handlers, loaded and empty container handlers, industrial sweeper & scrubbers yard and terminal tractors.
Our 18 full service branches provide the best in New, Used and Rental equipment, mobile service, parts, and industry leading safety training.
Already established in British Columbia, Alberta and Washington State, we are looking to grow our team in the following area.
Leavitt Machinery is seeking an experienced Safety Coordinator. As a Safety Coordinator, you will be responsible to ensure that all Alberta locations are meeting or exceeding the required minimum safety standards in our ongoing effort to meet WCB regulations and pass the Certificate of Recognition (COR).
Job Skills & Requirements
- Post-secondary education/certification or equivalent industry experience. Minimum professional accreditation required
- WHMIS certification
- Level 1 First Aid
- Intermediate skills with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Working interpretive knowledge of the Alberta and BC legislative and regulatory framework relating to OH&S
- Working administrative knowledge of the Alberta and BC legislative and regulatory framework relating to OH&S
- Well-developed communication skills mandatory – spoken and written
- Previous Policy and Manual development required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- A customer-focused approach to problem-solving
- A valid driver’s license and automobile are required.
- Able & willing to travel
- Successful candidates will be asked to submit to a current criminal record check and drug-testing as part of customer site requirements.
Please reply to this job posting by submitting your resume with the competition number to:
Fax: (604) 626-0825
It is our policy to contact only those candidates that we believe will be successful fit for our organization.
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.