Our Client, established in 1990, is a premier source for quality safety information, resources, tools and training for the Manitoba construction industry. On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Safety Advisor to join their Winnipeg team. This role will appeal to a flexible and innovative individual with exceptional communication and presentation skills who enjoys developing new and unique ways to improve operations and create new opportunities, while sharing best practices and responding to the needs of personnel working within the construction industry.
Reporting to the Program Manager the Safety Advisor will be responsible for participating in the identification of any new programs that may benefit their members, assist with the acquisition and development of any new programs, and prepare and customize these programs for delivery within the marketplace. The Safety Advisor will be required to effectively participate in the development and delivery of safety resources, tools, training programs and other related company products and services to the construction industry.
Benefits of working at this organization
- Working with a team of professionals that are motivated and respectful
- The opportunity to share new ideas and make a difference
- State of the art office that’s second to none
- Work life balance is a reality
- Reduced work week in the summer
- Co-ordinate and conduct Internal Safety Audits, Registered Auditor Verifications and Safety Program reviews of established company programs and report to the Management Team with final results.
- Provide assistance and give direction to companies with the implementation of their safety program including the Audit concept
- Provides information and gives direction to the program companies regarding safety and health concerns.
- Assist with the development of safety programs including the presentation of health and safety seminars and workshops throughout Manitoba.
- Assist safety program personnel by providing support both administratively and technically.
- Liaise with the Workplace Safety and Health and Workers Compensation Board keeping abreast of the latest information and developments to policies and regulations to determine their implications for programs.
- Prepare annual plans outlining goals and objectives for their particular area of responsibility. Plans are to include measurable outcomes that will form the basis for individual performance evaluation.
- Make multiple and effective recommendations to companies during the course of the audit, provide solid background information and a clear value to these recommendations as they pertain to each individual client.
- Every phone inquiry taken requires quick and precise decision making skills.
- To keep current in this position related safety training including courses that are required to be taken by employees in the construction industry. Specialized training courses on safety innovation as to provide information to clients. Training in the basic functioning of WCB and WSH is a must to ensure credibility with clients. Safety related training on an ongoing basis to remain abreast of current industry practices. Practical construction training to better understand the industry you are involved with.
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of the construction industry, WSH legislation, and safety management systems, with the ability to analyze data, prepare reports, and communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing).
- Post secondary training in courses related to safety, health and environment management.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in management of occupational health and safety programs in the construction industry and COR Certification program will be required.
- Must have the minimum of a Class 5 vehicle driver’s license, have a reliable vehicle and be available to travel.
If you posses the natural ability to positively influence others and build trusting relationships, are client focused, have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please reply to this ad.