We got here likely the same way you found us, by being sick and tired of staring at monstrous credit card statements that read, "You've got 22 years and 11 months of minimum payments to reach a zero balance". We all know the banks aren't really going to change so we decided to change things ourselves.
That's when we became Mogo. A group of people in Vancouver, Canada, who know there's a better way to make your money work for you, rather than someone else. We're going to blow the doors off ridiculous service fees, interest payments and massive credit card debt until the banks start to listen or we're the biggest financial company out there. It's safe to say you might as well get in on the ground floor because we're going to grow pretty damn fast.
We are building a lending platform and technology driven company that is looking to leverage technology and data analysis to offer a truly differentiated and next generation consumer finance company.
We're looking for a Risk & Collections Analyst to help manage our credit risk adjudication & collections strategies in a way that drives customer solutions, optimizes profit and ensures Mogo's competitive advantage. This role requires exceptional leadership skills, a results-focused attitude and the ability to effectively communicate risks and opportunities to the senior leadership team in areas like portfolio trends, collections forecasts and credit risk adjudication models. If you're tired of working for big banks and want to be a part of something different, check out the responsibilities and qualifications below. If you're a fit for our team -- let's talk.
- Develop, implement and monitor collections strategies including scorecards and decision trees to optimize collections performance
- Monitor, maintain & enhance decisioning strategies in Equifax Interconnect and Authentication platform including score cut-offs and decision tree strategy
- Production and analysis of collections reports, communicating key trends to senior management to ensure effective and efficient collections
- Forecast key risk and collections metrics including NSF rates, New $ Default, and $ Collected
- Apply expertise and knowledge of financial services to optimize collection and acquisition strategies
- Leverage credit risk data to enhance underwriting policy to align with Mogo's overall corporate and credit risk adjudication strategies
- Develop and maintain a standard set of ongoing reports that evaluate the overall credit risk and profitability of our various customer segments
- Seeks out opportunities to challenge current processes and works to develop and implement new methods for managing credit risk
- 5+ years of experience in risk and/or collections analytics role
- Degree in statistics, math or a related discipline (advanced degree is desired)
- In-depth knowledge of credit risk and collections analysis
- Experience with data mining and model development
- Previous experience in a Canadian financial institution or financial services organization
- Advanced level of technical knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling techniques and their application in a retail credit risk and collections environment
- In-depth understanding of data extraction/mining/modeling tools including SAS, SQL and Excel Power Pivot
- An energetic and performance-oriented individual with well-developed critical thinking skills and a bias for action
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills -- both verbal and written
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to careers at mogo.ca with "Risk & Collections Analyst" in the subject line.
Mogo (TSX: GO) is building a digital financial brand for the next generation of Canadians by offering convenience, transparency and a more...