NOV Rig Solutions is currently seeking a Rig Up Manager located in the Edmonton/Nisku area. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of rig up and commissioning activities while ensuring that the processes are safe, documented and repeatable.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with other resources and brings significant problems to the attention of the Operations Manager.
- Interaction with NOV groups, customers and vendors through the quoting, scheduling, cost reviewing, design, assembly, spare part orders and delivery processes; assisting to resolve challenges and questions.
- Demonstrate the capability to work independently on complex and multiple projects requiring judgment to resolve problems.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles. procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Assist with recruitment, evaluations, and promotions of employees. Conduct training and coaching for employees in new work roles/tasks, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Familiarize yourself with operational controls such as safe working practices and job hazard analysis as appropriate to specific work tasks. Assistance with development, promotion and review of these processes and documentation could be required.
- Participate in shop inspections/investigations; including shop, environment, equipment and QHSE incidents. From these surveys monitor the correction process of deficiencies are completed in a timely manner and maintain records and documentation accordingly.
- Provide continual evaluation of the group's processes and methods, to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Responsible for planning and execution of the rig up of land rigs.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, Engineering and Operations personnel to ensure safe, timely, cost effective and qaulity product execution.
- Provide day to day supervision of employee job execution.
- Participate in project review meetings to manage and develop installation plan based upon information provided including the following; project installation schedules, personnel requirements, equipment requirements, and contractual requirements.
- Manages and assists with the assembling or dissembling of rig equipment.
- Develop personnel to ensure training and competency requirements are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree, Technical Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Alberta Industry Training - Apprenticeship/Journeyperson program.
- 10+ years in a related field.
- Education or experience in drilling equipment manufacturing and rig up required.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
Indeed - 10 months ago
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...