The Residential Counsellor - (Relief) will provide support to the housing program. The position will assist and support the residents of the housing program as they learn the life skills necessary to progress to a greater level of independent living. These positions are hired on a 'relief' basis. Shifts may be nights, days and weekends depending on the need.
- Assist in the orientation of new residents.
- Using a “hands on” approach, assist residents in the development of daily living skills, ie., housekeeping, laundry, household safety, menu planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, money management and personal budgeting. Encourage personal hygiene.
- Assist residents in the development of problem solving, conflict resolution, coping, social and interpersonal skills.
- Encourage resident participation in day programs.
- Assist residents to access community resources. Advocate on residents’ behalf Assist the residents in keeping scheduled appointments.
- Transport residents in the community as required.
- Monitor and supervise residents use of medication.
- Assist in the organization and supervision of residents outings and events.
- Participate in the day to day operation and maintenance of the home and property.
- Ensure a safe living environment. Conduct regular safety checks.
- Work in compliance with a health and safety policies, and the OHSA
- Report in writing all accidents, injuries and occurrences.
- Work cooperatively as a member of the residential team.
- Complete all necessary file notes, reports and other written documentation.
- Three years combined education and directly related experience. MUST HAVE ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE IN SIMILAR ROLE
- Certificate, diploma or degree from an accredited College or University in the Human Services field.
- MUST HAVE - Valid drivers licence and access to an insured personal vehicle.
- An up-to-date first aid/CPR certificate.
- The ability to work with a minimum of supervision
Indeed - 11 months ago