The Resident Services Manager of this Assisted Living Facility provides customer service to residents, potential residents, staff, contractors, investors, corporate office, Alberta Health Services, and other stakeholders. This position ensures the promotion and provision of the highest quality of service to residents and ensures compliance with established standards. The Resident Services Manager is also responsible for the overall operations of the facility, including departmental meetings, supplier relations and maintenance of the establishment. The Resident Services Manager will address and deal with resident complaints and ensure that all staff are maintaining a level of professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Assume operations responsibility for Senior’s residence, responsible for the delivery and sustainability of excellence in service.
- Contribute to the development of the organization’s vision and strategy to guide the organization and ensuring co-operation across departments.
- Provide written and verbal reports on organizational activities on an ongoing basis.
- Promotes a positive team environment. Supervise, and provide advice, support, guidance, and direction to staff; monitor the performance of staff on an on-going basis, conduct annual performance reviews, discipline and terminate staff as required.
- Liaise with outside vendors and negotiate over service prices/contracts.
- Oversees the co-ordination of resident suite terminations/move ins/ move outs/ transfers with the Marketing, Management and Nursing departments.
- Prepare budgets and monitor expenses.
- Answer resident questions regarding policies and procedures; deal with resident complaints and comments. Address and troubleshoot problems and concerns. Collaboration and coordinate with Maintenance and Housekeeping to reach desired outcomes.
- Inspect property and services to ensure the compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Inspect facility for cleanliness and appearance; supervises maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings.
- Monitor third party business and suppliers to ensure that they are efficiently and effectively providing the needed services and supplies while staying within budgetary limits.
- Enhance the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Promotes quality management.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Resource and Fiscal Management
- Service Orientation
The Resident Services Manager must possess excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively supervise the activities of department managers and demonstrates good fiscal and leadership responsibility. Positive working attitude and team building skills are a must.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field, e.g. hospitality or property management.
- 3+ years’ experience in business management.
- 3+ years of supervisory and management experience.
- Excellent understand of sales, finance and management.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial planning and budgeting experience is an asset.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as required, for emergency calls
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check is required for all new site-based employees.
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must own and properly register and insure own vehicle.
- May be required to manage more than one site if needed.
Indeed - 9 months ago