Research Scientist in Cellulosic Biomaterials Level 1
FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private, non-profit research centers working in forest research. The organization helps the Canadian forest industry to develop pathbreaking solutions based on the unique attributes of Canada’s forest resources, favoring a sustainable development approach and taking full advantage of the industry’s considerable scientific, technological and commercial capital.
FPInnovations has developed several cellulose nano-materials with great commercial potential. We are seeking an entry level scientist who will carry-out research on the commercial applications of these materials, assist in the implementation of research findings, and contribute to development of novel applications for these new biomaterials.
- Carry out research activities by working both in laboratory and pilot plant under supervision of a senior research staff;
- Assist in and/or conduct large commercial scale trials for transferring research results to the forest industry;
- Produces timely results (reports, technical notes, articles, communications) that are relevant, coherent and designed to meet the specific needs of the clients;
- Contribute to development and optimization of novel wood-based biomaterials;
- Assist in proposing new projects and in project planning;
- Write technical reports of acceptable quality;
- Make clear technical presentation orientated to his/her clients and audience;
- Supervise technical supporting staff;
- Provide other technical support as required.
- Ph.D. degree in chemical engineering, natural science, or a related field;
- Knowledge and experience with cellulosic biomaterials;
- Knowledge and experience in pulping and papermaking or related industrial sectors;
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills;
- Good work planning and organization capabilities in addition to being clients focused;
- Good communication skills, both written and oral;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- Ability to work in a team.
Please submit resume quoting Position #349 to: