FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private, non-profit research centers working in forest research. The organization helps the Canadian forest industry to develop pathbreaking solutions based on the unique attributes of Canada’s forest resources, favoring a sustainable development approach and taking full advantage of the industry’s considerable scientific, technological and commercial capital.
We are looking for a Research Leader position to be filled based out of the Vancouver location. Reporting to the Harvesting Systems Research Manager and assisted by an Associate Research Leader in Montreal, the candidate would lead the development and future orientations of the national Harvesting Operations program.
- The candidate will manage the technical and financial delivery of the harvesting operations program and supervise the work of about a dozen staff members, researchers and technicians.
- He will ensure that research results and contract work are of high quality and are executed within budgets and deadlines.
- He will interact frequently with our industrial and government partners, understand their needs and expectations and build a program to meet these needs.
- He will supervise, coach, and mentor the team members to help them grow to their potential and meet the program objectives.
- A strong background in forest operations;
- Ability to develop short, medium term and long-term visions;
- Effective financial and project management skills;
- Ability to lead/mobilize a team of technical people and foster collaboration and synergies;
- A strong client focus and a drive to value delivery;
- Talent at developing innovative approaches and new business opportunities
- Strong and effective communications skills
- Leading a national program, an ability to communicate in French would be an asset
Indeed - 11 months ago