Is this You?
(Location: Mississauga, Ontario)
Join our growing IT team, focused on developing, maintaining and releasing exceptional quality level business applications that have the customer in mind, and enable us to drive our business forward.
As a release coordinator in IT, you will hold the key to production systems/applications and will take responsibility for their implementation. The Release coordinator serves as a liaison between varying business units to promote smooth amd timely delivery of business applications and sofware patches.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home services solutions. Our brands include Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Hudson Energy Solar, Just Energy, Momentis, National Home Services, Tara Energy, and Terra Grain Fuels. We are expanding in US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us.
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Your key accountabilities:
- Build and deploy releases and patches to test and production environments
- Refreshing test environments after a production release or on demand from QA
- Act as a central contact for all issues related to release management
- Manage application configuration, startup and maintenance scripts
- Compiling and integrating submitted code into release branches.
- Collaborate with application developers, database administrators and system administrators regarding hardware and software system changes and upgrades
- Engage managed services providers for Hardware and Database related issues
- Work closely with development, quality assurance, and business analysts teams to ensure on-time, high-quality delivery
- Define and Ensure Deployment process control & software version control
- Perform cut-over plan reviews with implementation teams (for production releases)
- Develop/Implement Standard directory structure, Standard check-in/check-out procedure for version-controlled code
- Develop/Implement Standard deployment process with appropriate documentation
- Help troubleshoot problems with an application
- Coordinates disparate source trees, projects, teams and components
- Some after business hours and weekend work is required in this role. Participation in on-call rotation expected.
Your background includes:
- (3+ yrs) of software industry experience and (1+ yrs) of experience as a Release Coordinator
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong understanding of development and testing methodologies and techniques
- Strong knowledge of SQL 2008 and SQL 2005
- Ability to create scripts for database restores and trouble SQL issues
- Working knowledge of Source code control software such as Visual Source Safe, TFS etc
- Proven experience in working in a deadline driven environment
- Organized and methodical approach with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to Manage multiple projects and priorities
All interested candidates please apply online at:
Follow us on:
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter YouTube