Setting High Standards Builds A Caring Team
At We CareTM, our commitment to our clients has made us Canada’s largest independently owned home healthcare service provider. With over 50 locations across the country, we go out of our way to ensure national standards are delivered with local emphasis.
Due to our exciting growth, we are currently recruiting for
- Take and record vital signs.
- Do dressing changes, including drains.
- Irrigate and care for colostomies.
- Insert, irrigate and care for urinary catheters
- Supervise and administer medications, including I.V. and I.M. routes.
- Assist client with their program of self-medication.
- Record treatment and medications administered.
- Observe and record patients’ reactions to treatments and medications given.
- Care for chest tubes, including drainage and dressing.
- Monitor fluid intake and output.
- Tracheotomy care: suction, clean and change dressings.
- Apply binders and bandages.
- Put the patient through both passive and active range of motion exercises.
- Recognize any deterioration in clients’ functioning ability and report to person in charge.
- Provide emotional support to clients and assess mental processes.
- Refer, coordinate and facilitate access to appropriate community resources.
- Be conscience of the hazards in the home environment and to act accordingly in meeting the safety and protection needs of the Client. In keeping with the
- Completion of a university, college or other approved registered nursing program.
- Licensure by a provincial or territorial governing body.
- Two years related experience - teaching & counseling in health care / promotion
Indeed - 7 months ago