Surrey/North Delta, Langley, and Delta Divisions of Family Practice are local innovations in health care, and part of a province-wide initiative designed to strengthen primary health care in B.C. Operating as non-profit societies, the Divisions aim to increase primary health care capacity, and improve patient and population health outcomes by developing and implementing programs and services that will positively impact Family Doctors and their patients.
Recruitment and retention of family physicians is a key priority for these three Divisions that are working collaboratively to prototype a recruitment and retention strategy designed to meet Division and community needs, while optimizing resources.
We are seeking an experienced Recruitment Strategy Coordinator to implement the strategy as led by the three Divisions.
This exciting opportunity will require you as the successful candidate to implement, coordinate, and facilitate processes to enable the Divisions to achieve their recruitment and retention goals.
Given the need for regular effective communication with varied stakeholders, marketing of physician opportunities, as well as the importance of this work to primary care (capacity), this position requires a personable, enthusiastic professional with excellent engagement and communications skills.
Some examples of the types of activities you will be accountable for include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining effective relations with varied stakeholders and experts throughout the region and the province
- Coordinating and facilitating recruitment and retention activities to meet local and regional needs
- Coordinating data collection and community engagement processes related to physician recruitment and retention
- Liaising closely with the Project Consultant, partner Division staff leads, and your counterparts in other Divisions
- Contributing to regular status updates for the Divisions and Provincial office including achievements, issues, plans and support requirements
- Delivering results
- Increasing awareness of permanent family physician and locum opportunities
- Promoting opportunities for family physicians from within and outside of the region
- Promoting opportunities for locum physicians from within and outside of the region
- Coordinating community tours and interviews for family physician candidates
- Initiating contact with FP candidates and responding to inquiries regarding physician opportunities
The Recruitment Strategy Coordinator will be required to attend daytime, evening, or early morning meetings, and to travel within the three communities and Metro Vancouver to meet with physicians, staff, and other stakeholders. The Coordinator will also be required to attend regional, and, as required, provincial and national recruitment-related events.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and/or education in communications, marketing, recruitment, community development, human relations or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a coordinating/coordination capacity
- Proven ability to plan, lead, project manage and inspire positive change;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong marketing skills (including social media and website)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- High level of professionalism
- Proven engagement skills
- Cultural awareness and competency
- Interest in or understanding of respective communities and their needs
- Experience in a primary health care setting would be an asset
- Experience working with family physicians would be an asset
- Background in recruitment would be an asset
- Awareness and appreciation of confidentiality
Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience on a contractual basis. Hours of work are a maximum of 30 hours per week. This is a one year contract with the potential for extension.
To apply, please send your resume and covering letter.
Deadline for Applications is 5 pm, January 30th 2013. We appreciate all applications but will only contact those who will be interviewed.