SEEKING RECREATIONAL AIDE/ASSISTANT WHO HAS A PASSION FOR WORKING IN THE ASSISTED LIVING INDUSTRY.
Royal Oak Village is a Seniors Assisted Living and Independent Living Community located in the budding town of Lacombe nestled in between the spectacular Rocky Mountains to the West and the vast prairies to the East.
We invite you to apply for this position for the opportunity to join an exceptional team that is implementing groundbreaking solutions to assisted living in Lacombe, AB.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Dementia specific program planning/implementation and evaluation experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to prioritize
- Good judgment and ability to exercise discretion
- Motivated, creative and willing to take calculated risks
- Ability to self-initiate and also work well as a team member
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Compassionate, courteous and respectful
- Excellent observational skills and ability to determine urgency or reportable incidents
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements
- Diploma or Certificate in Recreation studies or adapted Physical Education preferred, program should be recognized by ATRA
- Experience working with seniors who have dementia considered an asset
- Experience working with seniors and/or people with disabilities required
- Minimum of 1 year working in the area of recreation/activity programming
- First Aid and CPR Certificate required or must be willing to obtain upon hire
- AFLCA Certification considered an asset
- Maintain a professional, but functional, appearance in dress and grooming
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Involves extensive standing, walking, bending and lifting (up to 10kg is often required) – dress should reflect this
- Requires the ability to critically assess the needs and abilities of the residents
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check including Vulnerable Sector Search.