Administrative Clinical Assistant - family doctor's office
Tansley Woods Family Health Clinic – Burlington, ON
Tansley Woods Family Health Clinic
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
STATUS: FULL TIME
REPORTING TO: Dr. Amanda Jerome
SALARY: $31 000 to start (max for position is $42 000)
Dr. Jerome runs a comprehensive and accessible family practice where our goal is to ensure top quality primary health care. Beautiful office with 2 family doctors, social worker, massage therapist, chiropodist, dental hygeinist, audiologist and diabetic nurse and dietician who visit the clinic.
The successful candidate will be responsible for having a deep understanding of the clinic’s vision, mission, values and strategic plan so that they will communicate with and co-lead other team members with Dr.Jerome, the Lead Physician.
Mandatory Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge:
- Beyond Excellent Computer Proficiency : Windows, Chrome, Adobe, Gmail)
- Impressive ability to use a busy multi-line phone system and wear headset
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills
- High level of professionalism and discretion is needed due to sensitive nature of workplace
- Excellent communication skills, and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and impartiality;
- Capacity to adapt quickly, not get overwhelmed, to a fast paced, dynamic work environment;
- Experience in a clinical setting and with electronic medical records (OSCAR software) is a definite asset. (veterinary, chiropractor, dentistry, hospital etc)
- A sensitivity and compassion for the needs of the patients is a quality that is of utmost importance.
- Patience and tolerance in an environment that is very demanding.
- Experience with turning potentially frustrating terms to patients into a positive manner that they can accept easier ie: rather than “OK, she can’t see you until …. or I only have an appointment in 2 weeks, that’s all I have” but rather wording without negativity … try “OK I have an appointment for you to come in on ______. Yes, you definitely need to come in and we want to see you about that so I hope you will consider coming in on ________. Of course if your condition changes do not hesitate to call us back.”
- Friendly, caring and outgoing --- you are the face of the whole clinic and we are not rude or sarcastic or overwhelmed!
- Initiative, organization and planning skills are required to assist with building a successful family practice
- Team player
- Ensure that the patients are well served - booking appts, answering questions, referrals
- Ensure continuity by going extra step to see who the patient saw last time and ensure they are seeing their main physician primarily and not always the resident physician.
- Represent physician - public relations - ambassadors - politely reinforce office policy and goals of care
- Patient Visit Coordination: Greets patients upon arrival, assesses and directs to appropriate areas
- Planning ahead / Office Management: Keeping eye on upcoming schedules to avoid conflicts
- Supports operations of the clinic by proactively problem solving and following up when items need to be fixed or cleaned up).
- Inputting / Tracking all business expenses
- Organizing income / banking deposit
- Develop and distribute clinic forms, e-forms, resources, mail-outs to patients
- Communicating with McMaster to coordinate having learners in clinic
- Protect / Analyze Doctors time / schedule in order to make most efficient and enjoyable
- Assist with orderliness and cleanliness of clinic
- Ensure waiting room cleanliness
**The above responsibilities are not to be considered all inclusive; the individual may be assigned other related duties in the interest of efficient operations of the clinic.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume.
Thank you for your interest in the Tansley Woods Family Health Clinic. Only those candidates selected will be contacted for an interview
Indeed - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard