What can you expect in the Quality Engineer position?
The successful candidate will support the development, implementation and improvement of quality systems and processes. This will include working collaboratively with Senior Management, Core Teams, and Functional Managers from all divisions to ensure company-wide implementation of policies and procedures. This role can play a key role of continually improving our products, systems and company.
We are looking for someone to:
- Support Document control systems
- Conduct internal QA and commercial project auditing
- Support Management Review and Quality Management System reporting
- Establish inspection procedures c/w documentation to support production
- Ensure inspection equipment is calibrated and of sufficient accuracy to confirm quality requirements.
- Maintain the NCR process & providing supplier feedback using 8D format as appropriate
- Support the evaluation and pre-qualification of suppliers
- Generate metrics on supplier performance
- Audit suppliers’ inspection processes
- Support the implementation of engineering changes
- Support the implementation of appropriate quality systems at suppliers which may include: process control plans, inspection checklists, development of test fixtures and inspection tools
- Conduct analysis of quality metrics to enable prioritization of activities
What kind of background is required to thrive in this position?
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT)
- Knowledge of dimensional and material inspection methods
- Solid understanding of SPC, DOE, Failure Analysis, Six Sigma methodologies and continuous improvement principals
- Work history that includes effective problem solving skills
- Understanding of quality documentation requirements
- Good project management background that includes effective problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA, concurrent engineering and other design tools/techniques
- 5 years practical experience in an environment that includes product development and commercialization
- Experience with fabrication, machining and assembly of mechanical equipment
- Computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) is required
- Thrives on establishing and improving systems and processes by leverage a “toolbox” of experience
- Enjoys working in a growing, entrepreneurial and demanding environment
- Able to operate in an environment that is fluid, dynamic and hard charging
- A professional with considerable business maturity, intellect, integrity, energy and enthusiasm
- Thrives on managing multiple projects
- Quickly moves up the learning curve with respect to products and applications
- Innovative in his problem solving approach and skillful at leveraging external resources
- ASQ certification or similar
- Engineering degree or technologist
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
We Power The Future
Endurance Wind Power is a manufacturer of advanced wind turbines designed specifically for distributed wind power...