Imago Foods is looking for an assertive go getter for the position of Quality Control Technician!
We are a chicken production plant, experience in meat production is a MUST
Some responsibilities of the Quality Control Tech are as follows:
- Printing and verifying labels for DATE CODE, UPC, BB date, and accuracy
- On line in-process checks including (glace testing hourly, bag weight tests hourly, metal detection after breaks and line stops, checking shape of product according to customer spec, spot checking cutting room for weight spec on cutters, logging room temperatures, cooler temperatures, and freezer temperatures.)
- Daily Audit of facility looking for non-conformities with check sheet and if find any write non-conformance report and work order to have deficiency corrected and track Work order and follow up and write preventative action report.
- Train employees on spec of product and insure they understand what the spec is.
- Document all incoming materials (truck temperature, goods in good condition, QC check on weights and quality of product.)
- Record all lot numbers on incoming product and assign Imago lot number to product.
- Determine if allergen and segregate when necessary.
- Insure CFIA seal is present on truck when arrives (for Chicken or Meat)
- Confirming proper ingredients and recipe is being followed by injection team
- Checking yields before and after injection and tumbling
- Updating required documentation for process that strengthens the process to reduce non-conformities.
- Monitor and log daily GMP’s of employees check list
- Follow up on GMP and CCP training for all new employees
- Reporting any non-conformities of the afternoon shift clean and instructing re-clean when necessary
- Filling shipping report (outbound) for all product leaving the plant
- Insuring all products entering the plant are on the list of approved suppliers and documenting
- Responsible for putting hold and quarantine all product which does not meet spec and notifying Manager for decision on affected product.
- Verifying Skid label is attached to finished skid and all required information has been filled out by worker
- We thank you for your interest, however only acceptable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please send resume and cover letter with QC TECH in the header
Indeed - 14 months ago
Fish/Seafood processing Plant