Reporting directly to the Quality Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring product conformity through means of measuring and recording product dimensions and cosmetic appearances. You will also be required to ensure compliance to the Quality Management System by means of communicating product deficiencies and non-conformities. This position will require proven and confident decision making with excellent organizational and communication skills. A high degree of flexibility and creativity will be required to deal with the fast paced environment and ever changing customer needs. Willingness to work overtime and evening shifts as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will undertake any or all of the following:
- Perform dimensional verifications of oil field equipment during first article, in-process and final quality control inspections.
- Read and interpret engineering product drawings
- Assist with ISO/API internal audits.
- Generate non-conformance, corrective action and preventative action reports
- Perform calibrations on precision measuring instruments such as: vernier calipers, outside and inside micrometers, dial type indicators, internal and external taper gauges.
- Maintain quality records in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Assist in conducting process capability and gage R&R studies
- Participating on the continuous improvement team to reduce customer PPM defects.
- Verify MTR’s, perform receiving inspection on raw pipe, and identify material with our color code system, heat number and O.D., I.D. dimensions.
- Assist with Final Inspections
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing setting and fast paced environment.
- High school diploma (GED) and basic computer knowledge.
- Fluent in OEM quality requirements and API/ISO requirements.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to excel and work within a time sensitive and strong team environment.
- A hands-on and highly self-motivated individual who is able to demonstrate strong work ethics and work as an effective, collaborative team member.
- GageTrak experience is preferred.
- The successful candidate must have reliable transportation.
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.