Our client, IBM, is currently seeking a Purchasing Clerk for a 12 month position, with the possibility of extension of up to 5 years. The position is located in Markham, Ontario and you will be reporting to IBM Management, in conjunction with your dedicated on-site Kelly Services Staffing Partner.
By working at IBM, you will be exposed to a large global company, work in a fast paced corporate environment and be an integral part of the Technical Support team.
The pay rate for this opportunity is $15/hour + 4% vacation pay
Other perks include:
-Employee paid benefits after 3 months of work
-Eligible Statutory Holiday Pay
-Prompt weekly pay via direct deposit
-Referral bonus ($)
-We invest in your personal and professional growth by providing you with free training opportunities via our website mykelly.ca
*MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK FROM MONDAY to FRIDAY from 8:00am 4:45pm*
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for purchasing all material and
- services for production project.
- Review BOM (Bill of materials) and use it to develop purchase orders and need production needs.
- Maintain accurate purchasing, pricing and cost. Evaluate supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Sourcing products, obtain quotations from catalogues and suppliers. Compare quotes with the specifications and availability of items to ensure timely and cost effective purchasing,
- Submitting purchase orders, Printing and filing documentation.
- Resolve delivery and other problems with suppliers, Updating spreadsheets and ERP with information from the purchase order.
- Support internal customers with requested samples and other requirements from suppliers.
- Follow up with accounts payable on overdue payments and incorrect invoices.
- Contact suppliers regarding invoices issues and partial or duplicate shipments, prices, and substitutions.
- Coordinate product replacement. Provide new products item number, description, composition, tariff number etc. in ERP.
- Follow up on inventory shipments to ensure estimated time of delivery and estimated time of arrivals are being met while updating the status in ERP.
- Input sales orders in ERP, issue packing slip. Run ERP reports for accounting monthly.
- Provide documentation for internal audit.
- Provides back up support to other associates and
- functions as required
- Excellent communication skills
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a large corporation
- 2 – 3 Accounting clerk experience
- Must have experience using ERP system
- Strong Excel skills, will be required to work on Lotus 123
- Strong Business Sense
You will have strong Communication and problem solving skills. You are indedpendant, adaptable and detailed. You will be a team oriented individual with strong communication skills. You will be required to problem solve, troubleshoot and exceed in a high pressure environment. Previous experience required. You must be able to embrace the opportunity to learn something new and be intrigued by technology.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.