Tervita is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. Our 4,100 dedicated employees partner with natural resource and industrial companies who share our values and work with them to create a sustainable future. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions, guides our decisions and shapes our culture. We maintain a strategically located network of more than 95 state-of-the-art waste management facilities and a fleet of specialized equipment and assets to help customers address production and operational waste challenges. Our highly effective, convenient and environmentally sound solutions help minimize environmental impact and maximize returns.
A privately-held company, we’ve been known for the past 25 years by the brands of our founding companies: CCS, Hazco, Beck, Concord and others. By joining together our individual expertise, experience, assets and services, we will be uniquely positioned to develop integrated project management solutions and provide customers easier access to our broad range of comprehensive services.
With environmental waste treatment facilities operating in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, Tervita Waste Processing has become western Canada's leader in treatment, recovery and disposal of petroleum by-products. As a customer-driven organization, we take great pride in finding innovative customer-focused solutions. We maintain our long-term commitment to environmental stewardship by constantly striving to exceed industry standards. With approximately 700 employees, our focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence allows us to grow as a global leader of energy services.
The Project Manager will work within the Engineering and Technical Services Team reporting directly reporting to the Manager Project Management. This position is responsible for all aspects of Landfill facilities project management and for the implementation and utilization of processes and systems (including technology) to support project work.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously; the focus will be on internal major projects as well as sustaining and growth capital projects
- Oversee the forecasting, tracking and managing of project budgets and timelines
- Ensure project controls are in place and project costs are tracked and reported appropriately
- Manage internal and external project communications ensuring effective exchange of project information and deliverables
- Develop detailed project scope adhering to the program management structure
- Continuously improve project processes and systems
- Provide direction to consultants and project personnel for construction and commissioning
- Ensure Safety programs are in place and followed by the business unit’s Engineering & Construction personnel and Engineering and Construction appointed contractors
- Ensure preventive maintenance practices are followed and identify opportunities for improvement in preventive maintenance
- Utilize all appropriate IT systems that support project work; create baseline schedules and manage project timelines; continuous improvement of project processes and systems; assist in the development of design standards
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET)
* Minimum of 5 years of related experience
* Previous civil and earthworks, construction and/or design experience is preferred.
* Landfill construction or design experience preferred.
- Advanced level computer skills in Word, Excel, MS Project and Primavera
- Ability to travel to the field locations is a requirement for this role (20% Travel within Canada/US)