Ideaca is a Canadian based consulting firm with locations in Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Kitchener. We help customers from strategy to solution through a portfolio of management consulting, advisory, implementation and support services. We have 10 years of experience doing business and in that time, have accumulated a growing list of over 350 satisfied, repeat customers. Our family of over 250 employees across the country work on delivering innovative solutions around Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence, Portals and Collaboration, Cloud Computing, Custom Application Development, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Application Infrastructure, Support Services.
Our people are creative and can get the job done. Ideaca has experienced phenomenal growth and has maintained a relaxed and open culture, with an emphasis on diversity and the development of our people. We aim to be the best IT consulting company in Canada and will do so by continuing to invest in talented and motivated people, building long term relationships with our customers and by focusing nationally.
As an Ideaca Project Manager Consultant based in our Toronto office, you will be responsible for helping customers strategize, design and implement effective business application solutions that add value for our clients. You will sometimes operate in a full-time Project Manager capacity and at other times will act in a Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager capacity. Your role will include business requirements definition, designing and developing the business application solution, and training customer resources to successfully adopt and leverage the business solution in supporting their business operations. You will also participate in the sales cycle, specifically assisting in the preparation of demos and writing proposals. Hence, you will be involved in leading projects from initiation through to project close-out.
- Successful completion of at least 3 projects from initiation through to closeout
- Strong desire for varying project experiences and to leverage your skills and to learn from each new project
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management (including business and IT director level personnel) and customers/vendors
- A balance of business experience and people management skills with strong technology knowledge
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and to quickly respond to new project challenges and positively adjust resource and project plans to ensure success
- Capable of proactively identifying conflicts or issues and working with the appropriate people to analyze and resolve the issues
- Have the ability to plan, delegate and manage tasks, issues, their priorities and interdependencies
- Change management experience
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience as a business/systems analyst successfully leading full life-cycle business process and /or business application teams to the client's satisfaction.
- Detailed orientation and attention to delivering comprehensive solutions aligned with business objectives
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma in Business, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Applied experience and willingness to work in a spectrum of business analysis / project implementation models – ranging from Iterative to Waterfall to hybrid approaches
- Applied experience with a spectrum of project management principles, practices and methodologies e.g. RUP, Agile, PMI PMBOK, etc.
- recognized in one or more industry verticals for your business acumen and expertise (e.g., Retail, Financial Services, Mining and Natural Resources, Municipal, Public Sector Authorities)
- Working towards, or have completed, a MBA or equivalent degree, or have a professional accounting designation (e.g., CMA) or have an APICS certification (e.g., CSCP in supply chain)
- Proven at cementing creative partnerships with all levels of project stakeholders
- A proven leader with the ability to lead projects in a project manager role with teams of 5 or more members
- A successful Business Analyst on one, or more, of the following: custom application development, business intelligence / data warehousing, or enterprise business applications (of note: SAP ECC, Microsoft Dynamics AX or Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
Indeed - 12 months ago