An intermediate project engineer independently performs a variety of assignments involving standard designs and engineering techniques for discipline engineering on small projects or selected areas of larger projects. This position reports to the senior project engineer/manager for technical and project specific matters.
1. Receive general instructions from supervisor or senior project engineer/manager on complex projects, specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions.
2. May coordinate and review the work of drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
3. May function as a discipline lead engineer for small to medium sized, multi discipline projects.
4. Leads the design efforts of small or medium-sized, single discipline projects.
5. Independently performs engineering calculations.
6. Independently prepares sketches and directs the preparation of drawings for specified segments of projects.
7. Independently prepares data sheets and project performance specifications.
8. Independently prepares vendor bill lists; evaluates vendor proposals provides purchase recommendations, and commodity engineering input for specified equipment.
9. Demonstrates good knowledge of safety features in plant designs and familiarity with safety codes and standards.
10. Participates in planning to achieve prescribed objectives.
11. Visits project sites as required.
12. Coordinates with other disciplines, designers and engineers.
13. Other duties as required
Education, Experience and Skills:
1. Four year engineering or related technical degree from an accredited university.
2. Minimum 4-7 years of relevant engineering experience.
3. Proficient computer skills including a working knowledge of typical spreadsheeting, databases, word processing and discipline-specific computer software packages.
1. P.Eng status
2. APEGGA Level C or Higher