Terratec Environmental Ltd., a subsidiary of American Water is a leading provider of residuals management throughout Ontario. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, Terratec is currently seeking to fill a newly created position of Project Coordinator/Estiimator.
With over 25 years of biosolids management experience, Terratec's professional, agricultural and technical staff provide turnkey biosolids management programs which include, land application and nutrient management solutions, and storage facility considerations, Terratec provides an array of innovative and sustainable solutions for municipal and industrial residuals challenges. More information can be found at www.amwater.com.
Do you have a solid background in developing pricing, sourcing equipment, and obtaining quotes? Are you comfortable going on Sales Calls and to job sites? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team within a growing business? If you said 'yes' to the above, we want to talk to you!
The overall responsibility in this role will include assisting the Residuals Business Unit in achieving aggressive growth targets by working closely with the Business Development Manager. The successful candidate, POSESSING A STRONG PRICING ESTIMATION BACKGROUND, will be responsible for: completion of internal documentation related to pricing, quotation, purchasing of site supplies and services, reporting procedures and related sales activities.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Working closely with the Finance and Operations Teams to develop pricing on all RFP's and Bid Tenders.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of required business development processes and completion of all bid/pricing and quote documentation in compliance with customer requirements, while ensuring internal processes are followed.
- Responding to client inquiries, providing approved quotes, preparing and maintaining project documents/files and prepare cost estimate for change orders. Potential need to assist with actual sales calls.
- Implement and manage Master Service Agreements with Sub-Contractors. Ensuring standard processes & procedures across the company are available at all times.
- Sourcing and procurement of project site supplies and services. * Attend site visits as required to get familiar with the job site and specifications and develop pricing accordingly.
- Additional duties include working with Business Development Marketing Coordinator on related duties for business development such as tradeshow coordination, writing responses to RFPs/Bid Tenders and other related business development tasks.
Experience and Education
- College or University diploma/degree in Business, related field or relevant experience.
- 3+ years experience in Sales Estimating, Purchasing/Administration or related field.
- Knowledge of water/wastewater, agricultural, environmental or related utility/construction industry preferred.
- Strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships/alliances with external and internal client groups.
- Proficiency using various computer applications including; MS Office, Lotus
- This role is primarily office based. Some duties may require off site visits, generally within southern Ontario. Approximately travel 20% at times with minimal notice. Must possess and maintain a valid 'G' driver's license and own transportation for site visits
- Able to work in a fast paced environment. Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada, possess a valid driver's license and passport
Interested and qualified candidates, please forward an updated resume along with a cover letter stating salary requirements. We thank all applicants however, only individuals that meet the requirements of the role will be considered.