An individual in this position demonstrates skills necessary to initiate, develop and implement project controls. Functioning in a project management office setting; this job reports to multiple project managers. Project controls includes but is not limited to; time management (scheduling), cost management (budgeting) and resource management (people and equipment). This function contributed to the planning of broader objectives and the assessment of new project and overall program risks.
1. Independently performs most common cost control on complex small medium and/or large projects.
2. Mentors and supervises less senior personnel in the project controls team.
3. Provides a project schedule, development schedule and schedule maintenance task identification.
4. Comfortable with tools such as Primavera P6 and Ecosys. With the ability and knowledge to implement and manage these systems.
5. Responsible for the progress tracking of a project with regular and accurate status updates.
6. Ensures that a Schedule Coding Structure is developed and maintained across multiple development projects.
7. Performs Risk assessments and identifies steps and actions to be taken in order to avoid and or solve these risks.
8. Follows through with the Product Life Cycle and ensures proper methods and practices are followed through.
9. Develops a standard reporting structure, followed by an analysis and recommendations on improving cost and schedule objectives.
10. Completes monthly reports with detailed status updates.
11. Assists the Annual Capital Budgeting process, and is able to provide insight and recommendations based on results.
12. Attends department and other project meetings as required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
1. 15+ years experience in a relevant area of practice
2. Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft suite
3. Expert knowledge in Primavera P6 and Ecosys
4. Possess strong leadership qualities
5. Knowledge in or the ability to implement ECOSYS in a large project from a client perspective
6. Experience in all phases project controls: Planning, scheduling, earned progress reporting, estimate review, and cost control/forecasting