Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
The Program Information, Manager is responsible for the effective creation, ownership, implementation and management of systems and staff development to accomplish the Evidence & Impact Strategy Framework and the Annual Operating plan for ICP. In regard to information, the manager assesses needs, designs responses, implements plans and evaluates results for all program information systems and processes with ICP. This will include the integration of knowledge information from all systems platforms of programs and finances which would include but not limited SharePoint, Yammer, Sun Systems and several internally developed software platforms developed by both World Vision Canada and World Vision International. The must manager keeps informed about information practices within World Vision and peer NGO organizations.Paragraph style description of the role, the position it reports to, key outcomes and expectations of this position.
- Leads in the creation and ownership of program and financial information systems and processes that enable supports to evidence and impact
- Develops an integrated knowledge information platform that integrates from all systems platforms of programs and finances which would include but not limited SharePoint, Yammer, Sun Systems and several internationally developed software platforms developed by both World Vision Canada and World Vision International.
- Promotes the best practices of program information management through one-on-one coaching and training.
- Works with stakeholders to develop appropriate business requirements needed to build and guide effective information management.
- Maintains subject matter expertise in specific programs and/or elements of the information management practice.
- Master in Information Management Systems or Bachelors with 7 or more years of experience in field
- Advanced qualifications and strong understanding of information management systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage information systems technologies implement for effective information management
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem solving skills
- 3- 5 years of experience working in non-profit organizations
- Demonstrate ability to work with a team.
- Ability to travel 2-3 times a year
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website:
http://www.worldvision.ca/careers Application deadline is November 23, 2012.