For over 12 years, John Deere - Hitachi Specialty Products in Langley, BC has been designing and manufacturing "purpose built" forestry excavators. The John Deere & Hitachi partnership has brought quality design, manufacturing and service excellence to our customers, knowing that our customers rely on us to provide trusted products for their businesses. John Deere - Hitachi Specialty Products is committed to providing a level of safety and service that exceeds expectations. The success of John Deere - Hitachi Specialty Products comes from our exceptional team of employees. Comprised of talented and passionate individuals, they have created a foundation and culture built on the values of safety, integrity, dedication, and teamwork.
DHSP has an exciting opportunity for a talented Assembly Production Supervisor to join our team.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Manufacturing Department, you will be responsible for supervising the team of assembly technicians at DHSP. The primary goal for this position is to ensure a safe work site while building John Deere and Hitachi Forestry Excavators according to our stringent Quality Standards and production schedules. In addition, you will:
- Proactively promote a Safe Work environment and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable and diligent in carrying out their duties as defined by the DHSP EH&S Programs
- Proactively promote continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system; such as 5S, Design Flow Technology, Kaizen, lean methods, etc.
- Be knowledgeable about the assembly work processes, the quality goals of the company, and the processes that have been put in place to achieve those goals
- Play a vital role in the planning and implementation of product changes and new product introductions
- Review and adjust assembly staffing schedules to support production and special project requirements
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Engineering or Operations Management. In addition, we require:
- 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity, preferably in a unionized environment
- Hydraulic, Structural and Electrical component assembly experience
- Demonstrated competencies in leadership, communication, relationship building and developing others
- The ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
A strong candidate will also have:
- A passion for learning and demonstrating Lean Manufacturing principles
- Unwavering commitment to safety, quality and the environment
- Experience with construction, forestry, or similar off-highway equipment
At John Deere - Hitachi, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make us a special company and are a key competitive advantage. This is a position that comes with comprehensive benefits, bonus and competitive salary.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations as soon as possible.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only select individuals will be contacted for follow-up.