Production Supervisor – Paint Line/Assembly
- The Production Supervisor complies with company policies and procedures while performing duties.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of Team Leaders/ Assemblers /operators involved in manufacturing close tolerance components or product.
- Coordinates, all activities in manufacturing area according to established quality and safety standards.
- Supervise the administration and delegation of work for team members within production department according to their skill and experience.
- Resolve and analyze any production or work related problems by working closely with quality/ engineering/Assemblers and other shop floor personnel.
- Suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve their goals. Coordinate activities of direct reports and communicates with peers and managers to avoid conflicts with other departments.
- Communicate regularly to individuals or entire staff on issues pertaining to safety, production, quality, equipments or environment on shop floor.
- Ensures that the finished product meets established quality standards using all tools and procedures according to ISO Compliance
- Responsible for quality and productivity
- Responsible for maintaining departmental KPIs aligned with divisional KPIs.
- Provide leadership and coaching to his direct reporting employees.
- Delivering corrective of action as required
- Complete performance appraisals.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Accountable for the health and safety of employees under his supervision by; making sure that employees work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures and providing adequate training for employees in specific work tasks to help reduce or eliminate the risk of workplace injuries.
- Ensure compliance with environmental policies.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with highest ethical standards and in compliance with JGW code of business conduct and in accordance to the JGW Confidentiality Policy
- Minimum five years experience in a leadership role or supervisor position. Requires hands on, result orientated individual who has proven ability to train and motivate shop floor personnel.
- Flexible in hours to support Customer / Production demands
- Capable of performing well under adverse conditions - timelines, customer demands, fast paced environment, people problems
- Works in shared environment. Environment contains several hazards including electrical wiring and motorized vehicles (tow motors) overhead cranes and equipments
- May be required to stand at work stations for prolonged periods of time. May be required to perform a wide range of movements including bending, crawling, kneeling, etc.
- May be required to lift up to 30lbs. May work with odorous substances within confined spaces. Use of hand tools requires significant manual dexterity.
This position is located in Princeton, Ontario, which is 25 minutes from Cambridge and 10 minutes from Brantford.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume, outlining salary expectations to the Human Resources department of John G Wilson Machine Limited.
We thank all applicants for their interest in John G. Wilson Machine Limited; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
John G. Wilson Machine Limited is one of Ontario's leading metal fabricators, manufacturing a wide variety of metal components for customers across Ontario and worldwide. Our clean, modern, highly automated 106,000 square foot facility is strategically located in South Western Ontario. At John G. Wilson our capabilities include engineering and design, machining, tooling and complete quality control. Process capabilities include laser welding, CNC machining, production welding, metal spinning, powder coat painting, finishing and assembly services. We ship metal components, weldments, and full assemblies globally. John G. Wilson has a tradition of quality metal fabricated products at competitive prices. We specialize in short run, tight tolerance metal forming, fabrication, welding and assembly.
We pride ourselves with our highly-skilled, can-do workforce and creative, entrepreneurial management team, working together to help our customers get to market quicker.
Please visit our website for more information www.jgwmachine.com
John G. Wilson Machine Limited is one of Ontario's leading metal fabricators, manufacturing a wide variety of metal components for customers...