Reporting to the Senior Production Planner, this position will be responsible for managing production schedules to ensure that demand and supply are balanced at all times. You will be a key player in leading the action of unplanned demand, forecasting shortfalls, production and inventory changes, allowing accurate and up-to-date information which in turn drives accurate material and capacity requirements and customer order dating. You will also act as a focal point between customer service and manufacturing to ensure that promised orders in our system align with capacities at all times. This position will require strong attention to details, proven and confident decision making with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Maintain production schedules to generate requirements for manufactured and purchased parts while ensuring desired inventory levels are maintained.
- Review sales order requests and provide feasible promise dates to customer service before the orders are promised.
- Review planning parameters in order execution systems to ensure proper order generation.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the other production planner to ensure timely and effective execution of production lines
- Review capacity planning for accurate scheduling of forecast by balancing current and future customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Analyze forecasts for anticipated demand for Sales & Operations Planning and Production Scheduling
- Scheduling manufacturing orders and determine priorities in areas of production.
- Manage the control process by proper recording of manufacturing transactions, creating manufacturing orders (MOs), updating MOs on material conversions, actual labor usage and review large MO variances to ensure integrity of MO and BOM.
- Determining the production needs and communicating information to the production supervisors.
- Alert production, inventory control and quality control of material that needs to be confirmed for shipping priorities.
- Communicate daily shipping backlogs with Inside Sales, Shipping, MRP and production to determine priorities.
- Reschedule orders that have been blocked or customer is requesting alternate ship date or has increased the order.
- Coordinate any changes and communicate with Shipping, Inventory Control and the Quality department.
- Work closely with and build internal relationships with sales, production, purchasing, engineering and other business units as required to provide excellent customer service.
- Follow-up on all production misses to ATP and assist in the creation of KPI’s to better track production throughout the day.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure smooth operation of scheduling.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Commerce or Supply Chain Degree
- Experience in Materials Planning or Master Scheduling within a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Effective communication and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Advanced experience in MS Office
- Extensive knowledge of MRP and ERP systems
- Strong team player
- Comfortable in a demanding, dynamic and diverse environment
Indeed - 18 months ago