As the Production Manager, you will work under the direction of the General Manager and be responsible for the day to day performance of the assigned area of operations – centralizer manufacturing. This position will be heavily focused around optimizing throughput in a vastly changing environment. Emphasis will be around continuous improvement of the centralizer manufacturing process. You will be accountable for understanding all relevant corporate policies, processes, objectives and ultimately ensuring goal attainment in the assigned area. Production Managers are immediately responsible for safety, quality, productivity and available to promise performance in the defined area of responsibility.
- Responsible for proactively identifying capacity bottlenecks or other situations that may negatively impact attainment of a promise. Develop solutions to overcome bottlenecks and mitigate promise deterioration. Where performance deteriorations cannot be overcome, collaborate with production planners to prioritize work.
- Responsible for implementing Lean manufacturing practices and improving product flow in the manufacturing area. Responsible for the implementation and sustainment of 5S.
- Need to be solution oriented and have a forward thinking approach to utilization of key resources.
- Monitor employee attendance. Organize coverage arrangements for vacation, illness and training.
- Lead in the evaluation of team performance. Provide daily coaching to individual team members. Identify individual performance gaps, create and execute corrective action.
- Work closely with Production Scheduling personnel to ensure Team Leaders are allocating resources in the most effective manner possible to meet customer demands. Production Managers are expected to approve and schedule overtime as required.
- Ensure the performance of production teams is aligned with corporate objectives, specifically those surrounding production lead time, quality, throughput, productivity, cycle time and safety.
- Production Managers are the primary channel for communication to Team Leaders and hence have a direct impact on team culture. Ensure corporate messages are clearly communicated and comprehended.
- Continuously monitor production team performance and identify opportunities for improvement. Where process deficiencies exist, provide leadership in terms of generating solutions for the identified deficiency. Production Managers are the primary catalyst for production-oriented improvement initiatives and should be consistently and systematically seeking out ways to improve production operations.
- Review all NCRs generated by teams in the area of responsibility. Participate in the development and implementation of corrective action. Complete NCRs ensuring that the solution is sufficient, sustainable and fully implemented within the work cell.
- Where appropriate, document supporting rationale for employee discipline and provide recommendations regarding the level of discipline.
- Ensure safety policies and operating practices are implemented and followed in the area of responsibility. Identify deficiencies and take corrective action as necessary. Production Managers are responsible for completing relevant legislative documents [such as WCB forms] in the event of an incident and ensuring accurate documentation is submitted within the required time frame.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High School or recognized trade school education.
- Lean manufacturing and/or six sigma experience
- Welding background is an asset
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years of demonstrated managerial experience.
- Outstanding leadership, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to develop and maintain positive attitudes with team members.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form.
- Familiarity with ISO quality management systems.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through; organize and prioritize multiple projects.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Employer contributed benefits
- Fast paced work environment
- Upbeat corporate culture
- Career growth potential in a global organization
Indeed - 12 months ago