Position: Product Engineering Manager
Location: Ayr, Ontario (Near Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:00AM-4:30PM; Friday 8:00AM-2:00PM
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental, Pension Plan, Course Reimbursement Program and many others.
Bend All Automotive Incorporated (BAA) is a leading supplier of Automotive Components and Automation Tooling Equipment. BAA supports customers worldwide with leading technology through product design, prototyping, product validation, tool building and a flexible streamlined manufacturing process. Our expertise is not limited to standard forming techniques, but entails the utilization of synchronized manufacturing systems that provide our customers with cost effective and mistake proof solutions.
We are always seeking talented, motivated people to help us grow. We are proud of the quality and workmanship of every part we supply to our customers. Above all, we value our team members because they are the foundation of our success and key to our future.
Reporting to the Director, Sales & Product Engineering the Product Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing product and process development through the efficient operation of the design, validation, and samples teams.
- Manages and directs a team of eight (8) to ten (10) technical roles within the areas of design, validation and samples (prototype)
- Advises the internal commercial group on the feasibility of potential business during the quotation phase
- Collaborates with the Automation & Tooling Division on program development in regards to machine build requirements
- Provides technical support to the Manufacturing Engineering department on process development of programs ensuring customer specifications are met
- Provides program updates to the internal team through participating in APQP meetings on a weekly basis
- Reports on progress to the Director, Sales & Product Engineering escalating deviations as required
Qualifications (education & skills required):
- University Degree in Engineering (mechanical, manufacturing)
- Minimum of seven (7) years Engineering experience in a light industrial manufacturing environment preferably automotive
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a management position
- Practical experience using 3D CAD design software (AutoCAD)
- Thorough understanding of Engineering drawings utilizing the principles of GD&T
- Practical knowledge of validation and testing equipment and processes
- Theoretical knowledge of metal forming applications and processes
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management Systems (TS16949)
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Proven leadership abilities with a focus on ownership of projects
- Diplomacy, tact, and professionalism when interacting with all team members
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Focus and discipline; pride in work
We look forward to meeting qualified candidates for this opportunity and encourage those who are interested to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations, to Human Resources, through our website www.bend-all.com.
Only candidates that are suitable for this role will be interviewed. Thank you for your interest in wanting to join a strong and committed team of professionals.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE