The Procurement and Materials Requisition Specialist will focus on three main areas:
- Managing vendor contracts, implementation, and ensuring supplier relationship is handled in accordance with the contractual terms
- Sourcing, pricing, purchasing, and tracking all aspects of the supply chain
- Coding and posting purchase orders accurately in accounting system.
- Responsible to: ERS Controller
- Internal relationships: you will develop effective communications within the ERS Group.
- External relationships: you will develop close relationships with vendors and procurement teams who work with any ERS Group of Companies, as well as vendors all in a positive, friendly, and professional manner.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
o The dissemination of any contractual information relative to any particular department
o Awarded bids require communication, assigning tasks, following paperflow, etc. from implementation right through to invoicing and payment.
o Inform management of any irregularities or deficiencies in the terms of the purchase contract.
o Developing, documenting, and executing procedures for company purchases: technical materials, services, consumables, small tools, equipment rentals, and other parts and/or services related to the ERS supply chain.
- Process development and management:
o Review, develop, implement, and coordinate processes across the ERS Group of Companies related to purchasing. This requires being a positive role model and providing clear communications, direction, and training.
o Assist with sourcing, procuring, and scheduling procurement projects with single or multiple vendors for ERS Group of Companies (i.e. Tank, truck or Trailer Builds), which includes related documentation and certifications.
o Arrange logistical needs (excluding fuel) for materials and services for ERS Group of Companies and any partnerships.
o Maintain and develop improvements to an ethical supply chain
- Grade 12 diploma
- Professional training and or experience in contract, procurement, and process management
- Minimum of two years experience working in oil and gas industry with exposure to large project relationships and management
- Experience with heavy duty mechanical equipment
- 3-5 years of general procurement experience.
Specific Expertise and Competencies Required
- Exceptional coordination, communication, and organizational skills:
o Always approachable and professional in approach
o Able to keep several projects moving forward at once; nothing slips through the cracks
- Exceptional skills in evaluating cost/benefit for a given purchase.
- Ability to prioritize (a must)
- Takes initiative; doesn’t wait for direction and looks for things to do; always looking to improve processes
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems in a fast-paced environment; adaptable to change
- A strong “team player”
- A commitment to excellence.
- Salary negotiable (depending on skills and experience)
- Medical and dental benefits (after the three-month probationary period)
- Profit-sharing bonus (after the three-month probationary period and pro-rated in the first year).
To apply please send 1)Resume, 2) Cover letter, 3) References and 4) Salary Expectations to Leah Mawer. Please submit application as instructed; failure to do so may result in disqualification from competition.