Provide manufacturing support to aid in the effective production of high quality, close tolerance parts and machining processes. Implement a continuous process improvement program at the plant level. This position will provide leadership, planning and coaching skills to ensure safe production of high quality products to meet customer needs in the most cost effective manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
- Drives Continuous Improvement to quantitatively and qualitatively improve costs, quality, and service.
- Train and educate the organization and implement continuous improvement using methodologies including
but not limited to 6 Sigma, 5S, and Lean.
- Improving data integrity and developing improvement plans based on the data.
- Supports safety as a top priority - in training, job design, ergonomics, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures product quality. Establishes and manages systems for “right first time”.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Leadership and Management
- Systemic problem solver, implementing solutions to solve root cause problems.
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration both internally and externally.
- Inspires team spirit and loyalty to the organization.
- Able to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact.
- Coaching, Motivating, and Mentoring.
- Sets expectations, tracks and communicates results, and creates environment.
- Strong written, oral, communications and facilitation skills.
- Creative and change-oriented Continuous Improvement process skills.
- Strong ability to learn.
- High energy. Assertive, energetic, and a self-starter.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Hands-on experience in working with and influencing all levels.
- Requires proficiency with business process mapping and modeling.
- Certification and/or extensive knowledge in Project Management preferred.