Niakwa Country Club, regarded as one of the premier private golf clubs in Manitoba established in 1923 and designed by the famous Stanley Thompson, is seeking the services of a Pro Shop Merchandiser.
Are you are a self-motivated worker with the ability to manage the implementation of merchandise presentation, ensure the ordering and receiving of inventory is done in a timely and professional matter, and strives to provide a seamless customer experience ? If so then then Pro Shop Merchandiser may be the position for you!
This position is primarily responsible for:
- The ordering and receiving of all inventory. This will include entering all inventory into the Jonas system, charging appropriate accounts for orders, contacting members when special orders arrive, tagging and steaming all merchandise, and returning merchandise
- The implementation of all visual displays and the organization of product in the Pro Shop
- Managing all aspects of sales and promotions, including creating sales budgets and tracking results.
- Ensuring the Pro Shop is kept clean and orderly at all times
- Responding to member requests and issues
- Communicate with fellow staff regarding movement/storage of merchandise
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering phone calls and taking tee times and answering inquiries when needed
- Assisting members with the handicap system
- Custom orders
- Taking the lead role in managing staff
- Experience in retail sales and merchandising
- Product knowledge in the golf industry is an asset
- Demonstrates conflict management and resolution skills
- Demonstrates time management and organization skills
- Possess a passion for customer service
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Able to stand for long periods of time, with some moderate lifting required when orders come in
This is a full-time year round position. Must be available to work weekends and during peak times.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including: year-end bonus, health benefits, food allowance, clothing allowance and golf course playing privileges.
Salary is $32,000 - $36,000 based on experience.
Expected start date is March 18, 2013. Resumes and cover letters accepted until March 9, 2013.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Niakwa Country Club is an 18 hole private golf club located in the heart of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Established in 1923, Niakwa was designed by...