BASF Canada, a leader in the global markets of chemical manufacturing and distribution has an immediate opportunity for a contributing team player in Toronto, Ontario for a
Key Accounts Manager/Power & Energy Specialist
The Construction Chemicals business unit is seeking a strong professional with demonstrated experience in business development and account management. The primary role of this position will be to identify and develop new business primarily through an existing and potential customer base of distribution and to provide focus for the development of customer relationships at all levels in those organizations. Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be accountable to:
- Perform all necessary sales and marketing activities for targeted segments involving core product growth and facilitate sales to end users.
- Responsible for identifying customer needs, forecasting sales and developing relationships with key decision-makers.
- Maintain and enhance the distributor customer relationship.
- Conduct Architectural calls to develop position in new construction industry.
- Manage pricing for all core products.
- Take the lead on quality and complaint investigation and resolution.
- Ensure timely reporting, delivering sales results (top-and bottom-line) and managing territory to the expense budget.
- Follow all appropriate Environmental Protection, Safety, Health and Quality (ESHQ) policies.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a construction product marketing or sales role with at least 3 years’ experience selling specialty construction materials, and a Bachelor degree in business, architecture, engineering or related field. Additionally, you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated understanding of how construction products are sold into the industry through various channels of sale. Channel sales include all customers but are focused on Architects, Specifiers, Distributors and Contractors.
- Superior time management skills and ability to excel in a self-directed work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills and customer interface skills.
- Experience and training in consultative and selling skills.
- Critical thinking skills and effective problem solving.
- Business Acumen - work realistically with financial goals and constraints
- Superior negotiation skills
To the right individual, we can offer an excellent benefits package, a competitive compensation and incentive plan, and training opportunities. If you meet the requirements and are interested in joining this progressive organization that focuses on quality and customer commitment to excellence in all business areas, please submit your cover letter and resume, reference EBN –TO.
“You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In the diversity lies our greatest strength.”