Supply Operations Edmonton Milk Plant located in Edmonton, Alberta, has an opening for a Plant Supervisor.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
- 4 year college degree in Food Science, Management, Manufacturing or related field preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 1-4 years experience in direct supervision in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to direct a diverse Unionized work force.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team building skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze cost performance data to improve operations and reduce costs.
- Understanding of manufacturing regulations regarding safety, quality, HACCP and GMP’s.
- Willingness to work evenings, night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback
- Must possess the following traits; proactive, risk taker, courage, and the ability to accept change.
- Proven ability to define performance measures related to the business and hold associates accountable to the same.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise union production and warehouse crews.
- Utilize World Class Manufacturing techniques to drive operational results and performance measures.
- Ability to coach and lead work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost and service goals.
- Ensure adherence to Safeway policies, procedures and practices.
- Administrative duties related to production, shipping and quality performance.
- Design, monitor, and maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain a high level of customer service for retail and public customers.
- Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment.
- Travel 5% or less.
The HEART of Safeway. People. Products. Community. Planet.
Canada Safeway Ltd. is an innovative Fortune 50 company and is one of the...