Multy Home LP is a dynamic and growing entrepreneurial organization. We have over 25 years of history in our industry. We market floor coverings to major retailers in North America and abroad and pride ourselves on strong relationships with our customer base.
We are currently looking for a Plant Engineer with strong ability to conduct studies, develop and supervise programs to achieve the best use of equipment, human resources, technology, materials and procedures resulting in enhanced efficiency and productivity.
- Plan and design plant layouts and facilities to ensure efficient workflow
- Study new machinery and facilities. Recommend or select efficient combinations aiding in cost reduction
- Develop flexible or integrated manufacturing systems and procedures
- Conduct studies and implement programs to determine optimum inventory levels for production and to allow optimum utilization of machinery, materials and resources
- Analyze production costs including both direct and indirect labor
- Design, develop and conduct time studies and work simplification programs
- Establish and maintain weekly plant and operator efficiency reports
- Determine human resource and skills needs. Develop training programs. Implement corrective procedures for employees below standard
- Develop performance standards and evaluation systems
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs to ensure minimal mechanical downtime
- Establish programs to enhance industrial health and safety. Identify and correct hazards.
- Train new employees; re-train existing employees on new methods/equipment.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of "Cut and Sew" textile and compression moulding manufacturing an asset.
- Thorough knowledge and application of relevant professional standards and labour law.
- Licensing by a provincial association of professional engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to travel to the United States on a monthly basis