This position is responsible for the planning of the container business for XTL Transport involves, working closely with the container logistic supervisor to determine load priority in relation to port and depot schedules and in order to meet Customer deadlines. The successful candidate will be effective at planning a pool of drivers to achieve service expectations in the most cost effective manner possible;
- Assess order needs in relation to port and depot schedules to create the most cost effective logistic plan that meets customer requirements
- Predict load and equipment readiness in order to productively schedule resources and plan driver schedules.
- Live maintenance of dispatch and order information in the
- Knowledge of and respect for HOS and Industry relations
- Using the maintenance schedule, re-route in to cost effective manner, all equipment requiring maintenance to the garage.
- Respond to all satellite messages in a timely manner - verifying needed outcomes are achieved
- Apply dispatch rules in accordance with company policy
- Respectful resolution of conflicts and concerns
- Assisting and coaching Drivers in order to achieve objectives
- Monitoring progress
Skills and Abillities:
Minimum of 2 years experience in dispatching and planning;
Knowledge of the container business and port operations;
Experience in dispatching within the city of Montreal a definite asset;
Prioritizing and time management;
Problem solving and conflict resolution;
A Career With XTL Offers:
Competitive salary & comprehensive company paid benefits package including, health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance and much more.
Professional atmosphere, great working conditions, dynamic leadership, training and professional development opportunities
Interested applicants, please forward your resume by responding directly to this ad.
All applicants will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.