Resumes will not be reviewed if emailed, applications will only be accepted through our internal website www.ab.bluecross.ca
Alberta Blue Cross is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our growing Pharmacy Call Centre. The representative position responds to telephone inquiries from pharmacy providers as well as all aspects of claims management for the pharmacy program in accordance with the required standards, policies, rules and regulations. The ability to work nights, weekends, and statutory holidays on a rotation basis is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers inquiries from pharmacy providers on subscriber verification, benefit eligibility, maximum eligibility of benefits, requirement of prior approvals and claim inquiries.
- Verifies claims through the pharmacy adjudication system.
- Makes suggestions for ways of improving workflows and processes. Records and forwards customer feedback to the appropriate areas.
- Supports various projects and analyses using Excel, Word, Access, and other computer software.
- Assists with other duties as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A medical background and familiarity with drug names is preferred.
- A pharmacy assistant or technician background would be a definite asset.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills in a team environment are a must.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service is required for success in this position. This includes the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Thrive on the excitement of an ever-changing environment.
- Exceptional analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word and Excel, and preferably Access) is required.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the desire for continuous learning in the pharmaceutical field is needed to meet the expectations of this role.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and a desire to develop these qualities are essential.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic security clearance.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.