Position(s): Part-time (Days, morning shifts)
Location: WEST END (Barrhaven, Kanata, Stittsville, Richmond)
At-Home Hospice (AHH) requires experienced PSWs in the West End area, specifically in Barrhaven, Kanata, Stittsville, and Richmond area to work DAY shifts ASAP.
We are a specialized nursing agency serving the Ottawa and the Ottawa Valley. Our mission is to provide compassionate home-based health care to individuals and their families as they face end-of-life. We offer competitive wages and flexible shifts in a one on one home environment.
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADL’s)
- Personal care- bathing, showering, shaving, shampoo etc.
- Transfers & lifts
- Assist with meal preparation and clean up
- Client laundry, light housekeeping
- Recognition of safety hazards
- Observation of client –ability to observe significant changes in client’s condition
- Report to family and supervisors
- Report any incidents occurring in the home that involve, client, staff or family
- Documentation of client’s care
- College certificate (PSW)
- Valid Police Check (Vulnerable)
- Documented proof of up to date immunizations (TB test or Chest X-Ray)
- Valid and up to date CRP/First Aid card
- Life skills from personal experiences
- Prior experience with Palliative Care
- Prior experience working for and caring for elders in the community
How to apply:
We require up to date documentation of the following: PSW certificate, valid police check, and proof of immunizations (TB test or chest X-RAY) in order to be selected for an interview. Eligible candidates should submit a cover letter and resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfil all position requirements by responding to this ad or by fax: 613-792-1413.
We thank all those who are interested; however, please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at 613-792-1167.
At-Home Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.