WeCare Home Health Services is currently seeking Personal Suport Workers for the Orangeville area.
Under the direction of the Client Care Manager/Supervisor, the Personal Support Worker contributes to the quality of a Client’s life by promoting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and physical well being, mobility, personal appearance, comfort and safety. The Personal Support Worker assists the Client with activities of daily living. This includes performing personal care tasks and light housekeeping to support the Client’s desire to remain independent and in accordance with the Client’s own choices and capabilities. The Personal Support Worker cares for all age groups and follows the Client’s care plan with direction from the Care Manager/Supervisor.
- In accordance with care plans and within the provincial scope of practise for Personal Support Workers, assists clients with the personal care tasks of daily living, including skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care, feeding (including special diets) and assistance with medication administration and oxygen
- May perform additional duties outside the normal scope of practice, when these duties are appropriately delegated by a registered professional.
- Adapt to varying degrees of supervision and to the client’s requirements and wishes while working within the established service plan.
- Assists with ambulating and mobilization of patient
- Performs other related housekeeping tasks as indicated in the individualized written client service plan.
- Practices universal precautions and adheres to WHMIS protocols.
- Recognizes and reports safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and acts accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the Client.
- Able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency situations.
- Reports any unusual incidents.
- Observes, documents and reports any emotional or physical changes in the Client’s condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor
- In keeping with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Personal Support Worker will take every reasonable precaution to ensure that the workplace is safe.
- Participates in client care conferences as required.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate (or equivalent)
- CPR & First Aid certification
- Criminal Records Check Vulnerable Sector (current within 6 months)
- Client’s home
- Institutional setting: nursing home, retirement home, hospitals
- Staff will be considered at work from the time of arrival at first client until leaving their last client of the day, unless there is a break of longer than three hours between clients. Staff will then be considered not to be at work from the time they left the last client prior to the break until their arrival at the first client following the break.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL EFFORT
- Travel required via car, transit
- Standing, sitting for long periods
- Listening, observing
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Caring compassionate attitude
- Well organized
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team