Summer Student Intern Position: Personal Assistant to a Dermatologist
If you're looking some real world experience in the field of medicine, beauty and media than this is the job for you!
We are currently searching for a motivated self-starter to intern as the assistant to a busy cosmetic and medical dermatologist.
- Assist Dr. Carroll with procedures
- Coordinate Dr. Carroll’s personal appointments, reservations and travel arrangements
- Maintain all personal and some professional files
- Assist office staff with day-to-day activities as required
- Draft, edit and file correspondence on behalf of Dr. Carroll
- Plan and organize special events for Dr. Carroll & her clinic
- Assist with prep work of presentations
- Assist with prep for media appearances and attend local media appearances
- Help develop the communications strategy for the practice using social media and e-tools
- Hold everything in high level of confidentiality
- Personal errands, such as dry-cleaning, clothing shopping, etc.
- Reminding the Dr. Carroll of meetings, important dates, timelines etc .
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Undergraduate degree or currently attending college/university - don't apply without!
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite
- High standards of confidentiality with personal and/or sensitive information
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent professional attitude and follow-through
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Valid driver’s license – must be comfortable driving an SUV or be willing to use your own vehicle
- Not afraid of blood or needles
- A fun personality!! (demonstrate this in your cover letter - most CVs are boring!)
The salary for this position is based on $12-15 per hour based on candidates experience and skill set. The hours are flexible but based on a 40 hour week, some evening work may be required. There may be the opportunity for travel. This position could evolve into a permanent full-time or part-time position.
Position available immediate but for the right candidate we can arrange around a school schedule.
We appreciate all applications but will only be contacting applicants who qualify for an interview.