Competition Number: LM0103
Location: Langley, BC
Closing Date: November 8, 2013
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We are a growing company that offers you the potential to grow with us. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social responsibility, work-life balance, and personal accountability. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the right individual to make their mark. At Leavitt Machinery, we are leaders in our industry looking for like-minded leaders to join our growing team.
Payroll Supervisor Overview
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the bi-weekly payroll for multiple locations in both Canada and the United States. Your performance will be measured by the degree to which you effectively manage this department and all its functions, resulting in all employees being paid correctly.
Job Description Details
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hours worked legislation.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Supervise payroll staff.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Audit payroll balances, and YTD earnings, etc.
- Partner with HR and benefits to ensure that all company financial programs and payroll initiatives are properly entered, maintained and documented.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union).
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- CPA designation is required.
- BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance, or an equivalent level of knowledge desirable.
- Minimum seven years of experience with payroll work.
- Minimum three years of experience with supervising staff is preferred.
- Experience with Canadian and US taxation issues.
- Ability to use analysis to resolve complex payroll issues.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels, often located remotely.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skill.
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance.
- Must be a team player and a strong multi-tasker.
DOES YOUR CAREER NEED A LIFT?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume, quoting “Payroll Supervisor - LM0103”.
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization. Due to the volume of applications received, no phone calls please.
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers for Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We sell, rent, lease,...