The Palletizer Operator is responsible for the safe setup and operation of the automated palletizer as well as the automated pallet shrink wrapper.
· Plans daily activities to accurately record and deliver finished wine kits to the warehouse in accordance with the daily production schedule.
· Assures compliance of all packaging activities to company policy and health and safety.
· Works in cooperation with production team to achieve departmental objectives.
· Ensures that product quality parameters are met at all times in the packaging processes.
· Communicates with the Production Manager on potential scheduling issues to optimize production line uptime.
· In cooperation with the Production Manager identifies, develops and implements systems to improve inventory control in raw materials.
· Assures compliance with all departmental and equipment operation policies and procedures.
· Coordinates maintenance and equipment issues with the Production Manager and maintenance department.
· Applies knowledge and skills to resolve equipment setup and operation issues.
· Participates in inventory physical counts.
· Assists Shipping Supervisor by preparing stock transfers using provided order sheets.
· Transports next day’s production requirements to appropriate work stations at end of shift.
· Handles nightly cleanup duties including garbage removal, floor sweeping, mopping and scrubbing.
· Enters actual production numbers into computerized inventory control system.
· Assists production team during labour intensive product runs.
· Manages daily workload and prioritizes work to be done according to specific deadlines and production schedule.
· Communicates with Kitchener Operations employees and QA staff.
· Substantial attention to detail in all aspects of duties.
· Trouble shoots and solves problems as they arise in an efficient and communicative way.
Key Performance Indicators
· Efficiency and effectiveness
· Administrative accuracy
· Yield measurements
· Communications with other employees
· Meet plans and objectives
· Decision making and problem solving
· Experienced forklift operator
· Physically fit
· Able to lift heavy loads (up to 55 lbs)
· Strong multi-tasking abilities
· Independent worker
· Proficient with Windows/Office applications
· Constellation Brands Canada full time hourly benefits package upon completion of 3 month probation period
Constellation Brands and its companies offer a wide range of career opportunities in IT, Finance, Human Resources, Sales, Operations,...