GARDAWORLD is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world. We are doing more, for more clients, in more places across the globe. We provide security services for some of Canada’s largest retail, industrial and commercial companies. We work in partnership with our clients to ensure the safety and security of their employees and the public.
GARDAWORLD is currently hiring a FULL TIME – PERMANENT security guard in the Etobicoke area.
Successful applicants will be required to work in a fast-paced warehouse/distribution centre environment and will be compensated at $14.32/hr with a comprehensive benefits package. Successful applicants will be required to work Monday-Friday overnight. The posted schedule will be: Sunday: 2330-0900, Tuesday-Friday: 0100-0900hrs
- Competitive wage
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Additional benefits
Job description (Responsibilities include but not limited to):
o Checking ID of all employees entering the premises.
o Checking truck numbers and seals of all trucks entering the premises
o Recording all pertinent information in the appropriate log
- CCTV Monitoring
- Extensive Interior/Exterior patrols of premises
- Access Control
- Use of computer tracking system
- Must be fluent in the English language, both verbally and written
- Formal education in law enforcement combined with previous work experience(not necessarily in the law enforcement) OR experience in the security /law enforcement field (minimum of 1 year required)
- Basic windows based computer skills, CCTV experience preferred, proficient in incident and report writing
- Physically able to sit/stand/walk for extended periods
- Able to complete physical task such as lifting, reaching, pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs
- Able and willing to work in various weather conditions including snow, rain, heat
- Work in isolation
- Must have the ability to perform all duties in a professional manner including interacting with all levels of management, associates, visitors, contractors, drivers
- Strong interpersonal skills, works well as part of a team
- Ability to respond to situations in a calm and professional manner at all times
- Must be certified in first aid and CPR
- Must have a valid Ontario Security Guard license
- Must have transportation to work during off peak hours
- Previous security experience, excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to deal with different situations with a lot of professionalism and maturity
Interested? Join our workforce!
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
GARDAWORLD is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.